VMware Server : recently stopped working on Feisty

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Jun 8 17:49:52 UTC 2007

Thomas Kaiser <ubuntu at kaiser-linux.li> wrote:
> Hello Vince
>
> This is a known problem. You can find a solution somewhere on the VMware page.
> But I don't find the link, sorry.
>
> The solution is simple, just uncomment or remove line 21 in compat_kernel.h. Or,
> more general, check the kernel version before including this line.

Hi Thomas,

Luckily for me, the version of VMware in the Ubuntu repo eventually, by
some black magic, decided to start working again, after many
removal/re-installation attempts.

I will keep your advice/mail in a safe place though, in case the Ubuntu
package breaks again and I really need to re-install from the original
VMWare tarball next time...

--
Vince