GLX Problem -- Solved!

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Fri Jun 8 05:12:53 UTC 2007

I am not quite sure what I did but I just made GLX work. I had been
messing around reading logs looking for clues when I discovered a
reference to nVidia. As this unit uses an Intel video chipset I decided
to try using Synaptic to see what I actually had installed. I  found
that a driver called "nvidia-glx-legacy" was installed and on a chance
decided to remove it. After restarting the x server my 3d screensavers
and ppracer were all there. Apparently there was an interference problem
and removing the unneeded driver solved it. Not bad for an old geezer
whose most delicate tool is a 3lb shot hammer.

Thanks for the suggestions, they really did help.

Jim