Opinions learning Ubuntu/Kubuntu

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Tue Jun 5 01:02:20 UTC 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007, Chris wrote:
> Roger...really, a production PC?! I like the sound of that. How do you
> use it....professionally?  I set one of the computers up as a dual boot
> systems with the primary OS to be Suse Linux....well I scratched that
> idea after the problems I mentioned earlier...I would like to install
> Kubuntu or Ubuntu as the primary OS...but feel that I need to learn a
> bit more.  The things that I thought be so simple to do, I actually have
> to learn!  I am determined to get there through!

You should be able to put any number of distros on a single computer if the
space is there.   I usually do fresh install of <whatever>  but alway leave
the previous system bootable.  Comes in handy for a lot of reasons.

> There was not name on the other posting (the 47 year vet of computers)
> thanks a lot for your input as well.

How soon we forget.... :-)     Bruce   (the 47 year computer vet)

> Guys I have sooo much going on in my head with this stuff...I'm trying
> to find the best place to start...maybe on line stuff...or rutebook
> (although I have to learn what and where it is on my computer)

Take it slow....  it will come.

> It's really nice to have you guys understand what the heck I'm talking
> about...the SUSE community was...well...not so good.

Well, it was pretty good if you eliminate the 'posting police'.  Those who
care more about top-posting and thread retention than they do the topics.
But in general, they are a good bunch of people.  And a lot of them, like me,
will be moving over here.