Shift + Keypad Cursor keys

Matthew Clarke mj3clark at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 00:44:28 UTC 2007

Ah ha, thanks for the tip.

yes when I toggle the numlock it toggles the behaviour.  this doesn't
solve the problem however, because then, in order to get the nice
selecting, the numpad types numbers rather cursoring.

so basically toggling numlock ends up simply toggling the problem!

I would like to be able to use the keypad cursor keys AND use SHIFT to select!

Cheers,
MC

On 6/4/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
> Matthew Clarke wrote:
> > Hello, I've got an issue that been bugging me for a long time.  I
> > often cursor around documents using the keypad cursor keys.  However I
> > came across an unexpected behaviour when holding down the shift key to
> > select text using these cursor keys.  instead of extending the
> > selection, it enters the number of the corresponding key.  78888 <-
> > this is me trying to rapidly select this paragraph...  :)
>
> Could this be a NumLock issue?
>
> Matt Flaschen

Matthew Clarke