ubuntu server - hibernate?

cj debiani386 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 17:17:34 UTC 2007

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> One time I had my desktop machine go into hibernation/sleep mode using
> Ubuntu desktop.  The only way out was to unplug the power, wait a few
> minutes, then plug power back in.   Worked fine after that.
>
> Scott
>
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, jack wrote:
>

>> I have ubuntu server 7.04 running on a dell optiplex box...
>> the system apparently went into some sort of hibernate mode, and I
>> cannot bring it back.  Has anyone seen this happen before?
>>
>> I've tried both single and combination of keys, but nothing I've tried
>> has worked.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>

>> --

Hibernate works fine with me (its strange how an emachines computer like
mine works like poo on windows, but has no problems at all with ubuntu.
no problems, as in none)

i think its strange though how it goes into screensaver then shuts off,
but to bring it out of sleep, i have to press the Power button (because
of the way my bios is)
--cj