kmail to evolution migration procedure (wanted, dead or alive)

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 06:07:22 UTC 2007

Hello, all

does anybody know a fine way to migtrate kmail to evolution in the following
conditions:

a) I have my contacts in a vcard db to import
b) I want to sync with my Palm PDA
c) I am using maildirs for my folders that I want imported, and I don't want
to use mbox instead
d) I have several filters I don't want to recreate

I know steps a and b will be easy, but I included nevertheless for
completeness of the procedure intended. I am currently using jpilot for step
b, but I am considereing switching to gnome-pilot, after I have some time to
test how it goes with evolution. As far as I read, I shouldn't have problems.

Then I get to steps c and d, which really bother me. When I first try to open
evolution, it tryed to import my mail folders into its dot-directory, but
things didn't go well. More details on this after the new attempt finishes.

I am asking for sugestions on how to resolve the c and d situations.

I gladly accept a way/script to convert kmail filters to procmail format, and
use a local IMAP server, or fetchmail, if such a script exists. In fact, I
would really like this, so I could also use pine (over IMAP), which I love.

regards
FF
--
- Porque quebra a linha de leitura.
- Por que não é bom escrever o reply em cima do email?