*.run files

GĂ©rard BIGOT gerard.bigot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 06:01:45 UTC 2007

On 7/24/07, cj <debiani386 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> as some of you may know by now, im not a professional at linux, so
> pardon me if this question seems extremely stupid.
>
> im just wondering how to execute *.run files (as ive noticed that alot
> of the big linux games are now in *.run and not *.sh)

In linux execution-ability is a right you give to files (as seen on the left
most of 'ls -l', seek the x signs). t's in no way related to an 'extension',
like in other OSes.

 in order to add the execute rights to file use 'sudo chmod +x <filename>'.

there are ways to be more subtile, but it'll work.

G.