How do I get a printcap file?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 22 01:30:26 UTC 2007

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Saturday 21 July 2007, Larry Alkoff wrote:
>>> What kind of printer did you set up?
>> HP DeskJet 500 named dj500
>
> But it doesn't work, right?  Sounds like something went west during your
> setup?

Actually it _does_ work when I use lp or lpr to print a file.

What doesn't work and gives a 'quota limit exceeded' is when I try
to print the test file from the CUPS print test page at
http://localhost:631/printers/.

I reported this in the CUPS mailing list but they don't seem very
responsive.

I set no quota limits in /etc/cups/cups
with the 1 line script:
	lpadmin -p dj500 -o job-k-limit=0   -o job-page-limit=0
made entries in /etc/cups/printers.conf to eliminate all quota limits
but is either not working or there is something funny in the CUPS web
page at localhost:631

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX