Firefox fail to comunicate: Encryption Issue

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 17:05:07 UTC 2007

On 7/15/07, Joel Goguen <jtgoguen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually there's a Launchpad bug which describes this.  Hopefully you
> can get to it, since Launchpad is a secure site.

I can open this file. Rather I can open many secure pages.

> Launchpad bug 90376:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/90376
<snip>
> Possible fix: sudo apt-get install --reinstall firefox libnspr4 libnss3
> Try the fix, if it doesn't work then try: sudo apt-get install ca-certificates

Tried all. But this problem still exits. I will do more analysis. But,
I found, the similar problem exists on MSwindow PC with Internet
explorer (IE). So problem might be somewhere else. Will report on this
list if found. I tried outside our campus MSwindow PC worked fine with
IE. My laptop with Ubuntu and Firefox could open that page :-) . But
both on Ubuntu and MSwindow, gave same problem with Firefox. In both
cases, could not enter card number on Registration form. though all
other fields accept input. Looks strange, must be some problem with
site builders.

With regards,

--
H.S.Rai