Firefox fail to comunicate: Encryption Issue

Joel Goguen jtgoguen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 15:08:12 UTC 2007

Actually there's a Launchpad bug which describes this.  Hopefully you
can get to it, since Launchpad is a secure site.  Launchpad bug 90376:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/90376

If you can't get there, here's a quick summary:
Affects: Firefox 1.5.0.10-0ubuntu0.6.06.2
Ubuntu version: 6.06 "Dapper"
Last working package: Firefox 1.5.0.10-0ubuntu0.6.06.1
Possible fix: sudo apt-get install --reinstall firefox libnspr4 libnss3

Try the fix, if it doesn't work then try: sudo apt-get install ca-certificates

Close Firefox before each command.  Let us know if that works for you.

On 7/15/07, H. S. Rai <hardeep.rai at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/15/07, Joel Goguen <jtgoguen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What encryption algorithms do you have enabled?
>
> It is default. I don't know from where it is changed :-(
>
> > I just attempted the
> > page, and I can load their secure pages fine.
>
> O.K.
>
> > So what version of Firefox are you using (Help -> About Mozilla
> > Firefox),
>
> Firefox 1.5.0.12
>
> > what encryption is enabled (Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced
> > -> Encryption),
>
> There is no TAB for "encryption". There is one for "Security" and
> under that following are checked:
>
> SSL 2.0 , SSL 3.0 , TLS 1.0 protocols
>
> > what version of Ubuntu are you running,
>
> Ubuntu Dapper
>
> > and do you have all the latest updates?
>
> Yes
>
> >  Is this all HTTPS sites or only some?
>
> http://www.sbicard.com/sbi/ is not secure, if we click from that
> Existing User, then it goes to secure.
>
> From top right of home page, if you click on "site map" and find on
> that page ATM locations under heading "Reach Us" i.e.
> http://www.sbicard.com/sbi/Locators.jsp
>
> it gave error:
>
> "You can use the following services provided by us:
>
> Error At End:java.lang.NullPointerException Error 500:
> LocalTransaction rolled-back due to setRollbackOnly"
>
> So it looks web-site is having problem.
>
> or can it be something with type of Java or its version? If yes, how
> to check that.
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> --
> H.S.Rai