Installation

Jared Kimber zipycomputers at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 16:38:44 UTC 2007

so now I know that you are trying to install it with windows xp. Heres's how I always do it. I go to BIOS set my cd drive as master, exit BIOS and reboot my computer with the ubuntu live cd in the disc drive. I let it boot from the cd. I would the click on install on the desktop select "E" have it delete all of the contents on that disc (if you have a bunch of crapp on "E" then  transfer it to a disc or to "C" once you've done all of that crapp then install ubuntu on you're "E" disc. Once it installs reboot your computer, go into BIOS and set your master drive as disc "E" that should work but who knows.

johnamamoo at comcast.net wrote:  Let me confess that I'm a Linux newbie. Ubuntu would be my introduction to the much-talked-about Linux. I have a PC that runs on Windows XP Professional. On this PC, there's a primary hard drice (C:) and a secondary hard drive (E:) My problem is: how to install the Ubuntu 7.04 software on E.

From: linuxguy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com>

ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com