kvpnc 7.04

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 6 23:53:17 UTC 2007

On 07/06/2007 03:32 PM, JD wrote:
> Ok.  I'm convinced that since no one else here knows about this, I'll
> give the entire list a heads up.  Kvpnc on Kubuntu 7.04 is trash.
> Launching it from the menu, I currently 38 processes running all
> saying "/usr/bin/kvpnc"  and the number is climbing.  It doesn't
> connect to the vpn at work, although my xp box will connect to it
> without any problem. I have the router enabled for vpn accrss
> (obviously), so it's not that.
>
> Can someone on the list recommend a vpn client that I can install on
> kubuntu 7.04 that does work with a windows vpn server ?  Thanks.  I
> really need this for my job, so I appreciate the help.

VPN's can be configured in multple ways and there are many VPN
servers/clients. Perhaps if you give some details on what you are trying
to connect to, and what you are doing to connect via your XP box someone
can help.

I run many VPN's for my customers and even with hardware presets (I only
use encrypted VPN routers) it can take some trial and error to get the
right combination so that both ends talk to each other. Given that you
are trying kvpnc I suppose that one can assume that you are running
kbuntu and that you've already visited
http://home.gna.org/kvpnc/en/index.html to ensure that you have
configured the software properly?