Apache2 not working in Feisty

Henning Sato von Rosen henning.von.rosen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 10:40:28 UTC 2007

Hi!

I've installed the 'apache2' package, prefork using the normal package
procedure. It is running, but  when I look up localhost, there is no
sign of life. I just get a web page saying "Firefox can't establish a
connection to the server at localhost". It is marked as acitvated when
I look in "Services".

I've googled for this but didn't find out where to begin tracking down
the error.

I tried the 'apache' package (Apache 1.3) and it works, but it does
not recognize php files, just offers them for download.

A direction where to begin would be much appreciated.

I think the problem might be that I first installed the dokuwiki
package, that installed both the old and new apache servers. It didn't
work so I removed it.

Thanks/Henning