SMART detected imminent failure of the hard disk...

Sven Richter sveri-list at gmx.de
Wed Jul 4 17:14:44 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 18:32:01 Michele Zarri wrote:
> On 7/4/07, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Surely :-)
> > > http://bookmarkholder.sourceforge.net/
> > >
> > > Took myself a while to find it too.
> > > And please report to me if you got it running.
> > > This sounds promising.
> >
> > Oh - took a quick look - I'm thinking it doesn't actually use the
> > built in bookmark manager at all, but either a webpage or an extension
> > to retrieve the bookmarks....
> >
> > That makes it less interesting to me.  If I do decide to install I'll
> > let you know.
> >
> > Brian
> >

> hey you all thread hijackers, can we try to get back in topic? there is a
> man in distress over here... :-)
>
> I decided that I do not care too much about the desktop settings, but I do
> care about the thunderbird emails. Is saving the profile enough?

Ok, back to Topic :-)
A friend of mine made a reinstall and saved all his profiles.
Meaning he saved his .X directorys from his home directory.
He didnt complain about losing anything, so i think everything
went fine and he didnt lose his mails.
But i cant tell for sure.
Never used thunderbird.

A quick google search gave me this:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#move

Backing up your profile folder in Thunderbird is easy. Just follow these steps
(which assumes you know how to manage files on your computer):
Shut down Thunderbird completely (File > Exit).
Make a copy of your profile folder to, for example, a CD-RW disc or a separate
hard disk for backup purposes.

So i asume its enough to burn your profile folder.

Greetings
Sven Richter