problems while configuring xserver-xorg

SteVe Cook yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 1 18:28:38 UTC 2007

umair ubuntu wrote:
> Sorry fo disturbing you again
>  did you mean i check settings in windows bios if yes then please tell
> me how can i do it if it is not windows bios then linux bios? (or tell
> me whether bios is independent of operating system) sorry for so poor
> knowledge about computer

The BIOS is in the machine press the delete key just after you switch on
and a menu should show. It will have things like

Standard CMOS Features
Advanced BIOS Features
Advanced Chipset Features

Under the later there is normally an option to change the aperture size.
  Alter this to it's largest value.

Press escape when you have selected the largest value and then go to
Save & Exit Setup

The system will now reboot and you can run

sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

SteVe