refresh rate problem

Balvinder mclarensingh at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 18:19:59 UTC 2007

hi all,
         i have installed ubuntu on one of the partitions on the computer and was just having afew problems setting up teh display.The probs is i have a 14'microtek model 36f1 which is not listed in the monitor data base so i had to select a general one and specify the vertical and the horizontal refresh rates,,now it appears to be fine but somehow i  notived that if i use the pc for than 3 hours at one stretch i have an headache and the eyes start paining but the same dosent happen when i use windows xp..so it has to be the X settings ..so could please any one tell me the exact refresf settiings for my monitor.?any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks and regards,
balvinder singh