LimeWire & java??

Tim Frost timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Sun Jul 1 05:12:53 UTC 2007

Bob,

On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 20:23 -0700, Bob Hemus wrote:
> Folks, I new here.  Usually ask linux-users at linux-sxs.org.  I trying
> to install LimeWireLinux.deb.  I keep getting:
>
> Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: sun-java5-jre|sun-java6-jra|
> sun-java5-jdk|sun-java6-jdk

This message is saying that you need one of these packages installed,
and listed in the dpkg control files (ie shown by dpkg -l).

They are available in the multiverse repository.  Add that repository,
then install whichever of the four packages you want to use.
sun-java5-jre and sun-java6-jre are the run-time packages, while
sun-java5-jdk and sun-java6-jdk are the full development packages. Java
6 may not be available for dapper, but is available for edgy in
edgy-backports (described in the Software Sources application on edgy as
'Backported updates' in the internet updates tab).

> Where do I want to copy them?  Ie got ´em in /usr/share/java, now.
The Ubuntu package will install in standard locations.  If you have
installed from a Sun binary distribution, you need to remove that
installation and replace it with the equivalent Ubuntu package.  This
will satisfy the dependency that the LimeWire package is missing.

> Thanks, Bob

Tim