Edgy Upgrade: Sound not working AC97

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Jan 30 18:20:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 17:34 +0000, James Cummings wrote:
> Any other suggestions?  I'm happy to provide any more bits of config
> files.

Not really. I myself have a " Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
High Definition Audio Controller" in my current laptop and it worked
flawlessly on a newly installed edgy. (And my experience is limited
because I haven't had non-working audio on 3 laptops and 2 desktops in
any Debian since potato or any Ubuntu since Hoary. I guess I was lucky)

> It is a comomn onboard sound card/chip so surely someone else
> has it working?

In fact I had googled for "Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R)
AC'97 Audio Controller" + Ubuntu and got many hits for users with
problem who got it to work.