Edgy Upgrade: Sound not working AC97

James Cummings james-ubuntu at cummingsfamily.org.uk
Tue Jan 30 17:34:30 UTC 2007

On 1/30/07, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 14:13 +0000, James Cummings wrote:
> > So the system is evidentally *finding* the card.  Just nothing coming
> > out.
>
> Did you try to look into System/Preferences/Sound and try the various
> options and tests there? If "Autodetect" does not work, try to set it to
> ALSA.

Hi, I tried that. And unlike another user I don't get any sound (login
or otherwise).

Any other suggestions?  I'm happy to provide any more bits of config
files.  It is a comomn onboard sound card/chip so surely someone else
has it working?

-James

--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com