ATI & Cedega?

Michael Stanziano m.stanziano at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:47:04 UTC 2007

On 1/30/07, Steve Lamb <grey at dmiyu.org> wrote:

>     Does anyone here have any experience with the latest ATI drivers and
> Cedega?  I'd really, really like to move away from Windows as much as
> possible
> for my gaming.  I know I'll never get rid of it but the less I use it the
> more
> I feel I can advocate to other gamers and gaming companies.
>
>     The last time I tried Cedega under Debian ww/my ATI 9800Pro the
> drivers
> were not far enough along to allow any modern game to run.  I'm curious if
> anyone has gotten an ATI 9600 or better card to work with something like
> City
> of Heroes, World of Warcraft or any other DX9 game.

I'm a bit new to all this myself, but I have World of Warcraft running via
Wine on 6.10 - found a really nice guide on the ubuntu forums that I'm sure
I could dig up again if you'd like.

I'm using an ATI 9600 (driver set up from another guide on the ubuntu site)
and the key thing is switching WoW to run w/ OpenGL instead of DX9, so I
can't speak for City of Heroes or any other game.

My framerate has been a bit low in the Outland but in Azeroth its fantastic
-- still trying to work out what the deal is with that. Also theres a little
trick to getting video settings to stick, but its a one time ordeal and not
that bad at all.

Not sure thats any help but, there you go.