Best Solution for Transfering Files

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Tue Jan 30 09:24:15 UTC 2007

That wasn't what I meant. In order for me to be able to connect to SSH (port
22) I need to configure a tunnel through another port at the firewall.

In PuTTY I just enter the apropiate settings. While trying to run WinSCP I
have the option to enter only one poet (22) and thus it hangs on the
"Connecting to server" message....

I am looking for another SCP / SFTP client that will allow me to set it up
the way I do with PuTTY.

Thanks!

On 1/30/07, Jeffrey F. Bloss <jbloss at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Amichai Rotman wrote:
>
> > WinSCP dosn't work because I couldn't find any way to configure a
> > tunnel like there is in Putty. I open two Putty windows, one for the
> > tunnel and one for use. This way it works for the CLI stuff.
> >
> > Can someone point me to an SCP or SFTP app that work with a TCP
> > tunnel?
>
> I'm not familiar with WinSCP in particular but I'd bet my left arm it's
> nothing much more than plain vanilla scp with a pretty dress on. Which
> means you don't need any "tunnel". The program uses SSH natively, or
> rather SSH has the ability to enable file transfers, and WinSCP taps
> into that.  However you want to look at it, the transfer is as secure
> as SSH is. There's no need to tunnel one SSH connection through
> another one. :)
>
> --
>     _ _      Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
>    (o o)         Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746

PLEASE READ: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html