autofs on ubuntu 6.06 lts

Rob Wirtz rob at ksu.edu
Mon Jan 29 22:41:59 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get autofs to mount an nfs share from my nas device to my
webserver running ubuntu 6.06 lts.  I can mount the share manually, but I'm
not familiar enough with autofs to set up the auto.master or whatever config
files to work.   I've searched various places on google, and it appears
straight forward as related to other OS' like solaris or red-hat, but I
can't seem to get it to work on ubuntu.

Can anyone give an example on how to format an autofs config file to mount a
network nfs share from another machine on boot?

If there's a better way, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!