Offering a file by BitTorrent

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Wed Jan 24 01:49:27 UTC 2007

On 1/24/07, Brian Fahrlander <brian at fahrlander.net> wrote:

> Right; but I have a server and five workstations.  The workstations
> are prone to getting switched off, or changing users...which is why I
> suggested running it strictly as a server...

Check out text-based rtorrent:

$ aptitude search rtorrent
p   rtorrent                        - ncurses BitTorrent client based
on LibTorrent

On a workstation, you would create the .btorrent file and upload it to
the tracker, but share the file(s) via rtorrent running on your
server. This should be pretty straightforward, no heavenly
interventions required.

What is your upstream speed? And, most important, does your ISP
maintain bandwidth quotas?

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam