(K)Ubuntu & Mac OS/X

Severin Schoepke severin.schoepke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 09:53:23 UTC 2007

Hi!

Alain Muls schrieb:
> I am very much tempted by the new Mac OS/X and its intel based Mac's.

Those are definitely sweet machines, unfortunately, they are a bit
expensive... Now to your questions

> Is it
> possible to
> 1. create a dual boot between OS/X and (k)ubuntu?

Yes!

> 2. is it possible to use the existing OS/X installation and run with Xen or
> VmWare from (k)ubuntu

I don't know about this one, but I doubt it... Usually, you can't run
MacOS X somewhere else than on a Mac computer...

> 3. is it possible to run the (k)ubuntu from the OS/X boot using parallels(?)

This should be possible (by 'this' I mean creating a new (K)ubuntu
installation in Parallels, using an existing 'real' installation is
probably not possible)

> Tx/ALain

HTH, Severin