Puzzling over bastille install

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Sat Jan 20 03:59:08 UTC 2007

Evening:

Used Synaptic to install Bastille, and left with a couple of puzzles.

1) No menu item installed. Supposed to happen that way? Not a big point as I
suppose I could just use the menu editor to add an entry under System Tools or
Admin.

2) When I type bastille into a terminal window it grumps about not finding a
Perl Tk module needed for the interface to run. If a graphic form is available
I'd prefer to go that route. The error gives a URL where the file can presumably
be found, but I have no idea which file I'm in need of or where to drop it in
when and if I do find it. Suggestions, anyone?

I know the Bastille website does have a deb package to download and install.
Would that have been a better idea then what's listed in Synaptic? Should I back
the Synaptic install out, get the other one and put it in instead?

--
Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000704-0, 2007-01-18
Tested on: 2007-01-19 22:59:15