[Fwd: Re: What's happened to the, "System," menu in Feisty?]

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Thu Jan 18 04:17:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 11:11 +0700, Chanchao wrote:

> If it's anything like KDE then I hate it.

Oh wait, I've now seen it ( http://lunapark6.com/?p=2728 ) and it's
quite nice!!  I especially like that it adds a grouping by functionality
WHILE KEEPING all panels in sight.   That's SO much better than
Microsoft's attempt at grouping control panels since XP, one of the
first features I immediately turn off. (Switch to classic view).

AND it's also better than the (rather long listing) that we have in
Dapper and Edgy.. It IS actually hard to find something in an
alphabetical list if you don't know what something is called, but you DO
know what you want to do..

Also like the white background, but as this is Ubuntu it'll probably
turn into something more chocolate by the time Feisty is released. :)

BTW do white/bright backgrounds use up more battery power on laptops?

Cheers,
Chanchao