Amavisd-new and spamassassin

Joris Dobbelsteen Joris at familiedobbelsteen.nl
Mon Jan 15 12:00:00 UTC 2007

I'm running Ubuntu on a server, which also processes incoming mail. I'm
currently using amavisd-new to filter the mail that postfix accepts. I
finally got it to spit out that X-Virus-Scanned header, however, what I
miss most won't show up: the rating spamassassin has given the mail.
This prevents me doing the filtering on my own box, which has worked
nicely in the past (spamassassin was run under Exchange).

I've fiddled around with the tag_dlft, tag2_dflt, ... values to no
avail.
However I see amavisd running spamassasin over the e-mails and I see the
bayesian filter database grow. This means spamassassin is running, but I
don't get the headers.

I've done the following:
===
/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user:
# Spam assasin configuration
$sa_tag_level_deflt = -9999;
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 3;
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 9999;
$sa_spam_subject_tag = '';
#$sa_debug = 1;
===
/etc/spamassassin/local.cf:
report_safe 0
add_header all X-Spam-Checked Spamassassin _VERSION_ on _HOSTNAME_
Always_add_headers 1
spam_level_stars 1

Does anyone have some idea how to get this working?

Thanks,

- Joris