KTorrent Slow...

ben darby ben at cvrse.com
Sat Jan 13 23:08:54 UTC 2007

* Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Isn't there something I can do? Like add Trackers? If yes - where do I find
> them? Is it at all related to the problem? Where can I find KTorrent
> specific guides /HOWTOs?

how many seeders + leechers are on the torrent your trying to download?
the number inside the brackets is total, outsite is the number you are
connected to, as that will decide how fast your download goes, unless
there is some sort of throttling happening by your ISP. best bet is to
try a well known + seeded torrent to test your setup on. ie.
http://releases.ubuntu.com/6.10/ubuntu-6.10-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

if you cant get a decent speed + connections from that torrent then you
need to start investigating the reasons why, port forwarding, throttling etc.

--
ben darby