Ubuntu causing a "CPU Fan Failed" problem on restart

Gilles Gravier Gilles at Gravier.org
Thu Jan 11 12:24:22 UTC 2007

Craig,

You may just be hitting a coincidence.

Have you tried blowing dry clean air on the CPU fan? Sometimes, after a
bit of use, dust accumulates around the fans, often under the fan,
around the axis... and the friction is enough to slow down (sometimes
even halt) the fan's engine (these engines are extremely weak to use as
little energy as possible). Simply blowing air from a dry air bottle
might fix your issue. :)

I've seen that happen several times.

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
*=* *http://www.gravier.org/*