Vote for new Ubuntu Feature---Let's try it again

Vincent Arnoux vincent.arnoux at rfo.atmel.com
Tue Jan 9 10:04:21 UTC 2007

Hello,

mtyoung a écrit :
> Ubuntu seems to be inconsistent in the way that it allows/forces you
> to accomplish system tasks. Hopefully, if enough of you agree, we can
> get the former method extended to as many functions as possible.
Add/Remove application is a GUI version, that's why you have such a warning.
I believe the issue here comes from the fact that GRUB configuration
file cannot be accessed through a GUI application included by default in
Ubuntu. System would then be able to ask you for your administrator
password before applying changes.

For this specific problem, you might want to ask for a GUI-based GRUB
menu.lst editor.

Vincent