error messages installing .deb file

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 8 16:25:16 UTC 2007

You are right.
I was trying to install the Network Manager package off-line.
I kept getting some kind of dependency problem, something about not
being able to install libnl1-pre6, or something like that, libnm-util
and there was a third file it couldn't seem to install so obviously it
was a dependency error.
I tried the suggested command on the wikki only I got the same thing
when I did the command to install the package.
I installed Edgy in December at my Linux group but didn't get chance to
update it from when it was installed so it might be missing things which
might be the problem.