Bye to Unbuntu

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sun Jan 7 19:34:12 UTC 2007

Knapp wrote:

> Are you saying you're going to use OpenSuse instead of Ubuntu?   I
> couldn't leave the Debian based distros.  If I were ever to leave
> Ubuntu, it would be for Debian.  I just like running a current desktop
> and current Gnome, which Ubuntu provides.
>
> On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 10:19 -0500, Julian Alarcon wrote:
>> JEJE, and I chose Ubuntu 3 Months ago upper Opensuse.. JEJEJE..
>
> Saying goodbye to Ubuntu for some other distro is one thing but Suse?
> Is that not a bit like getting on the titanic after it hits the
> iceberg? Sure it is a nice ship with a good design but?
> Douglas

Hi,
as I explained elsewhere, for me this ship has a working machinery and very
good steering, meaning that I can choose which course to sail ;-))
And mind you: While OpenSUSE is the basis for the Novell Servers and
OpenSUSE is sponsored by Novell, OpenSUSE is the free version of SUSE in
the way that Fedora is supposed to be the free version of RH.

This might not be what some people like but for me it is ok.

I also stated elsewhere that my focus is less on free vs less free but on
things that I need to be working to do my job.

Ubuntu might be great but I would need to buy different hardware to use it
as I like it to be used and this is not what I am going to do.

Kind regards
Eberhard