e-mail server for intranet

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Jan 7 02:09:28 UTC 2007

Joris Dobbelsteen wrote:

> I would suggest:
>
> Go for a normal deployed web server, you find enough tuturials how to
> set that up.
> I believe you can have Postfix/Exim for mail transmission, Courier for
> IMAP and Squirelmail as a web application. Squirelmail
> Other considerations are to keep groupwise, depending on the features
> you require. The solution proposed above will not easily support shared
> mailboxes, shared calendars and the alike.

I'm not sure about that.  I haven't tried to do shared resources on IMAP,
but all the IMAP servers support shared folders, so the shared mailbox
concept shouldn't be a problem.  Korganizer supports calendars as an IMAP
resource, but I'm not sure it would be happy with the calendar in a shared
folder.
--
derek