bye to ubuntu + many thanks

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 08:35:35 UTC 2007

On 1/6/07, Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I decided to switch from Ubuntu to OpenSuSE.
>
> I'd like to say  a great thankyou for all the help that I got from this
> list, either direcly or by simply reading the list mail. Ubuntu is a great
> community and it deserves to be supported by great people -people like
> you.
>
> I will test Ubuntu from time to time and I am looking forward to be back
> when circumstances allow me to do so.
>
> Kind regards
> Eberhard

I guess this is what we need! why people hate Ubuntu and why are they
switching.. Improving a distribution does not end with fixing bugs, but
having great ideas, and along with those great ideas comes great
applications, and most of all great interfaces! I can't elaborate how
important GUI is, but I know people love it.

One thing I notice in Ubuntu, from time to time is it's community is loosing
it's hype, and enthusiasm. Each release is becoming a routine, with same
interfaces, waiting that it's new features will come from upstream.

I guess it's one of the things I admire from Fedora and OpenSuSE, is that
they don't have the advantages of a debian-based system which we take for
granted, but they keep innovating, and providing new features.

But I believe in Ubuntu, It's full of potential, full of possibilities, if
only they look harder to provide those possibilities.

And Alas! I'm still on Ubuntu!

This where not criticism, as an opportunist once wrote "SEEK the counsel of
men who will tell you the truth about yourself, even if it hurts you to hear
it. Mere commendation will not bring the improvement you need. - Napoleon
Hill"

Joel

--
Carpe Diem