bye to ubuntu + many thanks

Rebel Lion obsidion at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jan 6 20:06:46 UTC 2007

On Sunday 07 January 2007 07:32, ac wrote:
> Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I decided to switch from Ubuntu to OpenSuSE.
> >
> > I'd like to say  a great thankyou for all the help that I got from this
> > list, either direcly or by simply reading the list mail. Ubuntu is a
> > great community and it deserves to be supported by great people -people
> > like you.
> >
> > I will test Ubuntu from time to time and I am looking forward to be back
> > when circumstances allow me to do so.
>
> After a couple of years with suse I have just moved all my machines to
> kubuntu!
> good luck.
> --
> ac

  Personally I couldn't imagine going back to an rpm based distro after
discovering the simplicity of debs and apt-get. The packet managers on rpm
based distros are just so slow and painful when compared with the deb based
ones. The other thing that really got me was that Suse had disabled digital
support in kscd and required an audio cable, mind you the hidden file thing
in kubuntu edgy was almost as bad :)