ATI Driver

Brandon Blackwell ubuntunews at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 1 20:00:37 UTC 2007

<jhair.tocancipa at gmail.com>

card that i know for
>>> a fact will support a 1024x768x32 res, but
Ubuntu(more specifically
>>> Dapper) wont let me change it above 640x480
>>>
>> AFAIK that card (Radeon Xpress 200M) also supports
1280x800
>> resolution.
>>

> -snip-
>
> Is the Radeon Xpress 200M working well with 3D?
> I never could get it to work on my HP laptop and
just gave up.
> I haven't tried for a while.
>
> Thanks,
> Bradley

I have a compaq with it in it and it works great. It
took me a while to
get it working the first time I did it back in dapper
but when I did a
clean install of edgy it was a piece of cake. Took me
maybe five minutes
then restarted and I have great 3d acceleration.

Brandon