java 2RE

Gilles Gravier Gilles at Gravier.org
Mon Jan 1 10:56:38 UTC 2007

Hi, Norman!

norman wrote:
>> Do you have an exotic graphics configuration (DISPLAY not set to :0.0,
>> or maybe are you running aiglx or fglrx)?
>>

> No special graphics just using as supplied with mother board.

OK. Good... as fglrx or aiglx sometimes do strange things...
>> Have you asked AstroStack support as to what may be causing their
>> application to not run on your machine? Because for me it runs fine.
>>

> I have been in touch with AstroStack and they are puzzled as well.

Hehe... indeed.
> Let us be sure we are not talking at cross purposes. The application
> starts by providing three windows on the monitor, one wide one and two
> square ones above the wide one, side by side. Now, start Build filelist
> and select some .jpg files from img folder in AstroStack3LE folder. I
> believe an image should appear in window marked Monitor 1. Do you get
> this because I do not?

I did. Selected images 597-613... and I get a nice image (probably
Jupiter) in the Monitor 1 and 2 windows.
> I have an old machine on which I ran AstroStack many months ago. I shall
> try to get it working and, if I can, I will communicate the result.

Ca you try something else also? Create yourself a completely new user on
the system... and try running AstroStack from that user (unzipping it in
that user's directory).

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
*=* *http://www.gravier.org/*