A question about Samba in Feisty.

Ouattara Oumar Aziz wattazoum at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:32:28 UTC 2007

Joel Bryan Juliano a écrit :
> I would like to create a simple GTK+ interface that just ask for the
> users password to feed in smbpasswd to automate this task. Is it
> possible to manually add users and password for Samba? Because
> shares-admin doesn't have this feature, I want to make file and printer
> sharing easier without hassle.

I am not sure exactly what you want to do. Do you want windows users to
not have to enter a password ? or do you want to automate smb users
creation ?

maybe you should have a look at that and tell me if that's the feature
you would like : http://tinyurl.com/2cacbp
there is plenty of option, but some of them will permit sharing of
directories without password request.