A question about Samba in Feisty.

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Tue Feb 27 12:06:33 UTC 2007

Joel Bryan Juliano wrote:
> I would like to create a simple GTK+ interface that just ask for the
> users password to feed in smbpasswd to automate this task. Is it
> possible to manually add users and password for Samba?

If you mean what I think you mean then the answer is: of course!
If you add users to your system after you install samba, then you will
need to run something like #smbpasswd username -a
Did you ever try Fedora? I'm running Fedora 6 on my main samba server
and configured it using the GUI. I wonder if that GUI could be ported to
Ubuntu? I only say because it is simple and works well, so what's the
point in re-inventing the wheel!

Because