Printing.

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 13:34:06 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-25-02 at 07:45 -0500, Shawn McCuan wrote:

> Most, and again I emphasize *most*, HP printers work flawlessly with
> Linux for general usage. You may however be unable to use certain
> advanced features that you are used to in Windows...but, for basic
> every day printing of things like documents, letters, invoices,
> envelopes, spreadsheets, emails, HP is normally an excellent
> solution.

That is, in fact, my intended use 95%+ of the time.  For the remaining
5% I'm willing to go to a print shop.  And digging a bit deeper it seems
that the 1368 is basically the same as the other 13xx models in all
regards that matter to me, so I'm going with that one or, possibly, the
Epson Stylus C67 which can be supported, according to various sources,
by the drivers for the C64 or C68 *AND* has downloadable drivers from
the Epson home page directly (as does the other prospect: the Epson
Stylus C65).

So sometime tomorrow I'll have a new printer to whine and complain about
here!  :D  Yay me!

--
Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com>
Disclaimer: Any people who think that opinions expressed from my private