Printing.

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 12:22:50 UTC 2007

So, I've gone to linuxprinting.org (now openprinting.org).  I've run off
a copy of every printer that's rated as working 100% under Linux.  I go
out hunting.  Five hours later I find... nothing.

I find a frustrating number of "near misses", though.  For example the
HP Deskjet D1368.  The D1360 is listed as fully functional and HP lists
the 60 and 68 together with a few other models as the D1300 Series.
So...  the question I'm asking myself (of this and the D2368 as well)
is: if the 1360 (of 2360) is listed, but the 1311, 1320, 1330, 1341 and
1368 are not, despite all of them being the "D1300 Series" (similar line
of models for the "D2360 Series"), can I assume that the 1368 will, in
fact, work?  Or am I getting ready to burn money?

--
Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com>
Disclaimer: Any people who think that opinions expressed from my private