[Kubuntu] About Kde Integration

Ouattara Oumar Aziz wattazoum at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 01:41:16 UTC 2007

Ouattara Oumar Aziz a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> I have tried kubuntu this afternoon, and I got pretty upset, so upset
> that I downloaded Mandriva 2007 to see the difference and ... There is a
> big gap between the two kde integration. After I finish installing that
> Mandriva on a VM I'll try to make a video and post it here.
>
> So my point is, When I look at Gnome on Ubuntu, I can *Feel the
> Desktop*, designed to be clean an easy to see and use. When I look at
> KDE on kubuntu, I feel like they just installed KDE and a bunch of
> software and *basta* . So I first thought " Geez, how did I used KDE for
> a so long time when I was on Mandriva ? Did kde changes that much ?". So
> to check my impression out I retried Mandriva, and I can realize now, it
> 's a problem of integration.
>
> So now I come to you, and just want to know what are your impression
> about this integration thing.
>
> PS: Maybe it was because I tried with Feisty which is still in
> development. I'm downloading Edgy to check.

Well, here goes some videos

KDE on Kubuntu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sYD2ZOrOcQ

I focused on the menu (that I find messy) . Also,( maybe that's a bug or
  isn't activated) The system doesn't remember the password.

KDE on Mandriva

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnlTXngBXkY

I pointed the differences (menu and password) . Note that I have a lot
of applications installed onto Mandriva and the menu is still usable.
Try to do that with kubuntu :) .

ps : wait a little , the videos aren't ready yet :( ( That's Youtube.
Google video has also a bad side, it shrinks too much my videos )