dpkg -l postfix

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 13:28:17 UTC 2007

On 2/23/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> >> What is O/p ?  Are you new to Ubuntu?  What are you trying to do?
> >>
> >> Details please.
> >>
> >> Matthew Flaschen
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> > Hi Matthew
> >
> > I am new to ubuntu and wanted to understand that Output (O/p means Output)
> >
> > Please let me know if you need any further information
>
> I'm not sure what the output means.  What are you trying to do?  If you
> want to install postfix enter:
>
> sudo apt-get install postfix
>
> To remove it,
>
> sudo apt-get remove postfix
>
> Matthew Flaschen

Thanks Matthew and Stephen
I was in the IRC Chat of #ubuntu and some one told me to use the below command
$dpkg -l postfix to check whether the application postfix has been
installed or not in the box ,was not able to understand the output of
dpkg -l postfix

~$ dpkg -l postfix
ii  postfix        2.2.10-1ubuntu A high-performance mail transport agent
~$

Would appreciate if you can make me understand what the above output says

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal