Ubuntu (Edgy) doesn't support my USB modem(ZXDSL852)

Youcef ch newbie.you at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 11:26:06 UTC 2007

Hello
First at all i'm a newbie and new in this world of free software/open-source
and i ve chosen to use Ubuntu as my first step but i face a problem with my
modem usb wich isn't supported by Ubuntu (edgy also i tried the 6.06 LTS
release).
my ISP: Easy Adsl (Algerie-Telecom)
i 've seen:
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/materiel/zxdsl852
http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=16289
and someone from my country in this topic(called Ishmael) has succeeded but
dunno why my problem couldn't be resolved despite i did all the steps
included in the tuto !
Hope you'll help me as soon possible and Thanks!