desktop effects: XGL or AIGLX? compiz or beryl?...

Xurxo F. xurxo13 at terra.es
Sun Feb 18 13:23:46 UTC 2007

2007-02-17 (土) の 16:59 -0500 に Scott Abbey さんは書きました:

> FYI, the Ubuntu Technical Board voted recently to pass on desktop effects, be
> it beryl or compiz, for feisty, deferring them to feisty+1 [1]. As you can
> see from Matt Zimmerman's announcement, it was because the board felt the
> software was not yet mature enough for default inclusion in the stable
> distro.
>
> 1. https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2007-February/000098.html

Having some nice effects would be good to compete with mac osx and
vista, but do you guys know what are they gonna use? I tried beryl and
its great but too many effects get me distracted and IMHO it goes
against gnome usability philosophy. Compiz is endorsed by Novel but
development goes slower.
Maybe we will have 3d effects compiz for feisty+1 (shouldnt KDE 4 be out
by then?)
Regards