Firefox HTML Rendering

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 14:02:32 UTC 2007

On 2/15/07, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15/02/07, Joel Bryan Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a HTML document created from Google Docs, and I noticed that
> > font's are not displayed properly compared to Epiphany.
> >
> > I have a sample document, compare the rendering between Epiphany and
> > Firefox.
> >
> > Is it just a personal opinion? or just TTF Fonts doesn't render really
> > well in Firefox.
> >
> > I can't post the document here in the mailing list so I just create a
> > sample,
> > see: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ajkn6thw8wrw_6hg7cb7
> >
> > I have screenshots available also,
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/joelbryan.juliano/FirefoxAndEpiphanyRenderingComparison
> >

> Looks to me like Epiphony is rendering the fonts you specified, but
> Firefox is rendering them in a Serif font - as far as I recall both Verdana
> and Tahoma are San Serif fonts (my memory is sketchy on this however). What
> settings do you have in Options/Contents/Fonts & Colours for Firefox?
> --
> Steve
> Despair - It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black...
> --

Hi,

Currently, the Default Font is
empty<http://picasaweb.google.com/joelbryan.juliano/FirefoxAndEpiphanyRenderingComparison/photo#5031759577559793394>,
I'm assuming that this is set to Deja Vu Sans (or still Bitstream, is it?).
The advance preferences is set to
Serif<http://picasaweb.google.com/joelbryan.juliano/FirefoxAndEpiphanyRenderingComparison/photo#5031759530315153122>,
also the color is set to
default.<http://picasaweb.google.com/joelbryan.juliano/FirefoxAndEpiphanyRenderingComparison/photo#5031759483070512850>

I'm running latest Feisty, with upgraded Xorg 7.2, but I'm sure nothing has
changed in the fonts compared to Xorg 7.1.

Regards,
Joel

ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com