Dell Laptop LCD Resolution

Alex Smith alex at got-root.me.uk
Mon Feb 12 17:15:19 UTC 2007

Derek Broughton wrote:
> You should NOT need that ugly 915resolution hack for a Dell.

Unfortunately you *do* need that ugly 915 hack... when testing Ubuntu,
Gentoo and Fedora on my other Inspiron 6400 that was the only way to get
the graphic's the 1280x800 way.

When installed you shouldn't even notice that it's there as it'll run
with init at startup way before you get to starting x.org.

Alex

p.s. I'll note here that this was around 3 months ago, so it may have
changed, but from my experiences the above is true.