windows cannot read dvd created by gnome bakker

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Feb 8 21:09:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 10:42 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Price of Debian/Ubunutu: $0
> Price of new DVD player: $50
> Price of throwing away money trying to fix Windows when better
> alternatives are available for free: priceless.

If you'd read the thread you'd see that I suspect hardware
incompatibility. I have certainly seen this a lot: some DVD drives would
not play certain DVD brands, regardless of OS being used. In many cases
the problem is that the drive will not even recognize the disc. I have
seen this with DVD burnt with Windows and with Linux, and trying to be
played with either.

I cannot see how you intend to fix this with installing a different OS.