GnuPG front ends

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Fri Feb 2 08:59:46 UTC 2007

On 02/01/2007 10:20 PM, Jeffrey F. Bloss wrote:
> Frank McCormick wrote:

>> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:55:04 -0800
>> Patton Echols <p.echols at comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>> It looks like there are a couple of GUI front ends available for
>>> GnuPG. Looking at the web sites, It appears that Seahorse is more
>>> full featured than GPA, though my needs are fairly small.  I'd
>>> expect some level of key manager and I  want to be able to
>>> encrypt / sign clipboard contents or point to file, my choice.  Any
>>> thoughts about which might be a better choice?
>>>

>>    I can't speak for Seahorse but I run GPA and find it fills all my
>> needs. But then all I need is signing/encryption of mail/
>>

> Just an FYI side note... Claws-Mail, the spinoff of Sylpheed, has
> dandy GnuPG support. And both Dapper and Edgy packages in their
> "unofficial" repository. :)
>
> http://www.claws-mail.org

Right, i've heard good things about claws.  I've recently migrated from
windoze where I used t'bird.  Getting my windows mail archives, filters
etc transferred was easy enough, but I would want all that to come along
if I were to use another client.  I'll probably stick with t'bird unless
there is a *very* compelling reason to switch.

Thanks again.