Running Ubuntu under Windows/running a Windows app under Ubuntu

Ouattara Oumar Aziz wattazoum at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 06:47:55 UTC 2007

> Ok, I'll take that into consideration. I've done a bit of digging on
> the web for VMware for Ubuntu and haven't found any evidence that it's
> available in one of the repositories -- is that correct?

VMware player is in Multivere. (see
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu to know how to
activate it)

> If so, I suppose I'll have to build it using some of the links ("My
> Ubuntu Installation" seems good) that I found with a google for
> 'vmware ubuntu repository' (no quotes).

I guess the one you want to run under Ubuntu is VMware server. If so,
you must download it from here http://www.vmware.com/download/server/ .
and register here http://register.vmware.com/content/registration.html
for your free serial number.

(that should be an interesting link
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VMware/Server)

After the donwload, untar the file on a partition that can handle links.
  (FAT32 can't) .